- LHNCBC: Biomedical Knowledge Discovery Project
- Enabling End-User Datawarehouse Mining (Mining Mart)
- Knowledge Discovery from Multiple Transportation Data Sources
- Data Mining and Decision Support for Business Competitiveness: A European Virtual Enterprise
- The Knowledge Discovery Network of Excellence (KDNet)
Generally, knowledge discovery / data mining is the process of analyzing data from different perspectives and summarizing it into useful information - information that can be used to increase revenue, cuts costs, or both. Data mining software is one of a number of analytical tools for analyzing data. It allows users to analyze data from many different dimensions or angles, categorize it, and summarize the relationships identified. Technically, data mining is the process of finding correlations or patterns among dozens of fields in large relational databases.
KD; KDD; KR; DM;
Knowledge Discovery in Databases; Knowledge Representation; Data Mining