- comp.speech FAQs
- Cambridge Speech Research Group
- Speech at CMU
- Microsoft Speech Technology Group (MSR)
- Sympalog Speech Technologies AG
- Center for Spoken Language Understanding (CSLU)
- MIT - Speech Communication Group
- Nuance Communications, Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- TEMIC Sprachverarbeitung GmbH
- International Speech Communication Association (ISCA)
Automatic Speech Recognition deals with automatic transcribing spoken language as text which is further processed in application dependent ways. Important applications are dictation, control of machines and devices by speech, information systems, speech translation, aids for disabled persons. An increasingly important application is embedded speech recognition in devices such as mobile phones and PDAs.
voice recognition; automatic speech recognition; computer speech recognition