Emerging Computing Paradigms
- Sony Computer Science Laboratories, Inc.
- School of Social Sciences
- Computational Linguistics & Psycholinguistics Research Center (CLiPS)
- Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS)
- Luc Steels
- Walter Daelemans
- Robert C. Berwick
- Ted Briscoe
- Chris Knight
- Grammar Adaptation, Evolution and Learning (GRAEL)
- The Talking Heads
Emergent computation is a type of computation that is bottom-up and not globally nor totally programmed. Only local information or very limited amount of information is used for a unit of computation. However, certain global information structure, which is often unexpected, is emerged from this computation. For the field of natural language processing, researchers are concerned with the question of the origin and evolution of language.